Monday, September 11, 2017

Day 21 - September 7, 2017 - Fishing Bridge - Yellowstone

Fishing Bridge - Thursday - September 7, 2017

   Today, we decided to rest.  We have both admitted that we are tired.  So, we are taking it easy today and getting ready to head back East tomorrow.  So far, we have slept a little later today and had a small breakfast, walked the dogs several times and reserved our next campsite in Casper, WY.  I think the dogs are glad we are not leaving them alone again today.
   I have been wanting to go down to the bridge that gives this site it's name.  The actual Fishing Bridge which spans the Yellowstone River.  So, I got organized and went a little less than a mile to the bridge to snap some photos of the landscape around our site.  I got some pretty good shots that were OK.  The most exciting thing that happened caused to consider how fortunate I was today.  While I was snapping pictures from the center of the bridge on the pedestrian walk, a man in one of the cars shouts out that there is buffalo coming across the bridge!  My immediate thought was I need to get out of here.  But, as I turned toward the truck, I saw the buffalo and he looked like he was going to come down the pedestrian walk towards me on my side of the road.  He decided to stay on the actual roadway and proceeded to lead the traffic across the bridge.  See photos below.

Fishing Bridge - Yellowstone - Actual fishing is banned from the bridge.


My first sight of the buffalo.  I thought he was coming down the walkway, but he didn't.

Not far away.  Coming my way and I was getting a little nervous at this point.
Look at the car behind him.  I  guess that's a camera he is holding while he drives behind the buffalo.

This was about as close as he got.  He was in the right hand lane and leading traffic across the bridge.


More shots for perspective.

I left at this point.

We took this picture of Snickers snuggled up under the quilt on Dinah's stomach.  The Dogs got a little cold, like the rest of us.
    I looked behind me and decided that if I go ahead of the guy, I was just being pushed across the bridge further from the vehicle.  I made a decision that if I  stayed on the pedestrian walk and stayed still and quiet, I would be alright.  Now you can see from some of the pictures that there are some very significant pillons separating the walkway from the road, but they weren't as high as I would have liked.  Anyway, by this time, he wasn't far away and he seemed very quiet and calm, so I decided to stick my ground.  He walks past me and didn't even give me any notice that I was aware of.  Which I was happy about.  I snapped a few pictures and watched him walk in front of the traffic all the way across the bridge.  I took a few more pictures and walked back to the truck with my story to share with Dinah and you.
   That's the day for me and Dinah.  Tomorrow, we head out towards Casper, WY and start making our way home.  LUV 2 U  all!  We feel your prayers, please continue.  God is good all the time!

No comments:

The Latest!

Home Again, Home Again!

Home Again, Home Again!    We are Home!  In case you didn't figure it out, yet. <(;-o)  We made the drive from Paducah, Kentucky w...

Most Popular Posts...