Thursday, September 14, 2017

29th Day? - September 14, 2017 - Lincoln, NE - Antiquing...

Antiquing - Lincoln, NE

   29th Day?  Somewhere along the way, I have miss numbered the days of this blog.  I know there are a couple of days where I didn't blog, so I guess I got the count wrong when I restarted.  Anyway, thanks for not mentioning it.  I don't think I am going to spend the time to go back and try to correct it.  Maybe after we get home I'll correct it, but not now.  Anyway, on with the posting!!!

   Today, we took our time again and had breakfast in the camper.  We took care of the dogs and the trailer and got everything straightened away before we left.  Dinah had found two antique stores that she wanted to visit.  The first one was Burlington Antiques Mall downtown.  So, we headed out and found ourselves very close to the college campus, stadium and indoor stadium.  It was a very nice store and had many nice pieces, several of which came home with us as gifts/keepers for Dinah and family.

Dinah in front of the Antique store in Licoln, NE
   After we finished we checked ourselves and realized that we needed someplace to eat lunch.  We asked the proprietors of the antique store who were very helpful and pointed out a brewery / grill across the street which happened to be the oldest brewery in the state, if I heard her correctly.  We headed outside and put another $1.50 in the parking meter for what gave us an hour and a half on the meter.

   We decided on the Lazlo's which is the restaurant next to the Empyrean Brewing Co.  We were greeted and seated very warmly and Dinah decided on the steak kabobs with rice and a baked potato and I had the batter fried fish and fries along with one of the locally brewed beers called "Chaco Canyon Gold".  This was brewed next door at the Empyrean Brewing Co.  It was wonderful!  So, I bought two six packs to try to bring home to share and to have for myself.  I can't wait to be sitting on the back porch and having one of these with some back yard BBQ.  <(;-o)

Lazlo's Entrance.

A picture of the brewing company next to Lazlo's.


   We also loved the buildings in the downtown area.  Dinah loved the signs on the walls from old times.  The Lincoln Station was an old train station that has been converted into a convention center downtown.  They had their own train and a beautiful raised brick mural that I will show you below.  We both loved the clock in one of the pictures which was chiming as I took the picture of it on the corner.  At first I didn't realize it was that clock, but it eventually dawned on me.  The pictures are below along with a link to all of the pics for the day.



The clock I mentioned above.




You can see more pictures, here.

   After lunch we went to the other antique store in town, which was not really nice compared to the one we shopped in before lunch.  So, we headed back to camp and rested the remainder of the day.

That's it for today!  Tomorrow, we head to Columbia, MO, another football town where the Missouri Tigers will be meeting the Purdue Boiler Makers for their weekly contest.

LUV 2 U ALL!  We'll be home in a few days.  Thanks for the prayers. 

_________________________________________________________________
*************************************************

No comments:

The Latest!

Home Again, Home Again!

Home Again, Home Again!    We are Home!  In case you didn't figure it out, yet. <(;-o)  We made the drive from Paducah, Kentucky w...

Most Popular Posts...