Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fresh Engine from the shop!

We had thought seriously about rebuilding the engine ourselves or at least having the parts we couldn't do performed by a local machine shop, but I changed all that at the last minute. I got cold feet. I have never rebuilt an engine and neither has Patrick.

My good friend Bob Mead has had engine work done by Richard Wright's Garage in Fayetteville, TN. So, I asked Richard to help us with our engine and I'm glad we did.
He did a marvelous job. We haven't fired it up, yet, but Richard said that they tested it for oil pressure and timing and that it should start up when we are ready. We can't wait.

We will be mating this engine to the five speed transmission from the Datsun B210 that is used in alot of conversions. We will be using the conversion kit from Riverside for our car.

No comments:

The Latest!

Home Again, Home Again!

Home Again, Home Again!    We are Home!  In case you didn't figure it out, yet. <(;-o)  We made the drive from Paducah, Kentucky w...

Most Popular Posts...